With an intoxicating blend of modern RnB, Hip-hop, Trap, and tantalizing subject matter, G.M. Vee has developed some momentum with his steady streams of self-released singles this year. His song “Shameless” is climbing up to 100k on Spotify and he just released a new track. As an artist on the Boston scene, specifically in one the hip-hop hot spots of Boston: Brockton, Vee stands out with his dedicated Trap RnB sound. G.M Vee’s new single, “Vibes on My To-Do List” just dropped on all streaming platforms. We sat down with G.M. Vee to discuss his musical journey through some questions:
When did you start to get interested in music?
- Ever since I was a kid. I remember watching the MTV channel every time I came back home from school. I saw music videos from Michael Jackson, Eminem, Jay Z, Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne, Beyoncé, etc. It was awesome. I should have been watching cartoons, but it was music videos for me and less cartoons.
If you were an advertisement what would your slogan be?
- #Anything goes
Which is the part you enjoy the most about music?
- The writing processes. Even though it is frustrating sometimes, I love it because it’s a great source of euphoria. Especially when those ideas start rolling, it can get pretty exciting.
Most artists say that through their art they learn more about themselves, heal injuries… In which aspects has music helped you?
- Music has helped me express myself in a more elaborate way since most people don’t get me. So, I speak to them through my music.
What does music mean to you?
- Music is like a safe space to me… I get to explore, create, and do whatever I want. There’s no limit.
Who are your idols?
- Eminem and The Weeknd
If you didn’t like music what would you like to do?
- Because I have always been good at biology. I find it so interesting!
Do you consider that nowadays there are more or less opportunities for new artists? Why?
- There’s a lot of opportunities cause the industry is evolving and we’ve got everything at our hands now. A lot of independent artists out here are thriving. Each day they get closer to their goal, including me!
What would your idyllic life as an artist be like?
- Hearing that my music helped people become the best versions of themselves. That would definitely bring me pure joy.
What should the 2020 artist be doing?
- Staying safe, making music, and connecting with fans online. Now is the time!
You can stream G.M. Vee’s latest single, “Vibes on My To Do List” available now on Spotify as well as other streaming platforms!