1-So ‘Leave Me’ which was an outstanding piece of art was your breakthrough as a professional artist wasn’t it? We heard some of your previous work, your sound is very different and unique now from your previous work.
Maitika: Yes the song differently did help me actually receive my title as an established artist, but i always was doing music, most of my fans now are ones that was bumping me back in the day believe it or not. Yes my sound has changed, just growing up devolving my own and not caring what people think or thought helped my ego push it out there, You can hear progression in each one of my songs. It was a hobby back then, only thing now is im making it a career.
2. That’s amazing man, you even had a different artist name as well?
Maitika: Yeah ‘Yung Amazing’. Grew into Maitika around 21.
3. Maitika, What’s it like growing up where your from in North Carolina?
Maitika: It was straight, glad i left. Don’t get me wrong i love where im from, just the environment i was in was just leading people on a path of destruction, i stayed looking for a way out.
4. You just released ‘I Want It All’ which has received major positive feedback was a nice way in as your second major song. How were you able to switch your style and flow for that?
Maitika: Easy bro, im very versatile, if i like the beat ima record it. It has to mean something to me, i have alot of flows you’ll see.
5. What are your fondest musical memories? In your house? In your neighborhood or town?
Maitika: I was like 17 or 18, my dad bought me my first mic, the first song i ever recorded was at my house in Harlowe. Made alot of memories there, that place will forever be special to me.
6. I assume you traveled alot early on as well?
Maitika: Yeah it was rough after my parents divorce, that’s what made me hold my music off for a while, always moving from place to place, different state every 5 months. It was hell.
7. What advice would you give to beginners who are nervous?
Maitika: Don’t be nervous. Life is too short to worry about what people think or say about you. Go all in, be yourself, do what makes you happy and always have that motivation to fuel your spark.
8. Were you influenced by old records & tapes? Which ones?
Maitika: Yeah i love old records was influenced alot by older artists & groups such as Sade, Pm Dawn, Michael Jackson, Christopher Cross, R.Kelly i could go on all day.
9. Is your family musical?
Maitika: Very, my mother was my inspiration she has the most amazing voice to me and she always wrote poems that were mind blowing i get that creativeness from her.
10. That’s neat, i imagine you have a very successful future ahead of you! What’s next?
Maitika: Thank you, Im currently working on my mixtape entitled ‘Sharee’ dropping really soon, can’t release a date yet but ill be definitely dropping more music untill then so stay tuned my loves !